We found out at the end of October that the little person growing inside is a boy. At first, it was overwhelming to think of having another busy boy but I quickly realized that both of my children are busy and that this one will fit in quite nicely!The second trimester has been alot better than the first. In fact, it's been quite the opposite of the first, with having more energy, less food aversions and nausea and not feeling as hungry. My thyroid continues to stay healthy, so that has been a huge blessing. I still have to be on medicine but this time, it's just a small amount!
This little guy is also a kicker like his brother, and makes me wonder what he is like. So far, my belly is starting to stick straight out and that's about the only wives-tale that is proving true about this pregnancy. When I was at home, we did other ones (that seemed to point to it being a girl) but it seems that they weren't right at all!
It's ok--I have been able to accept that Flannery won't have a sister (at least not now,) and that above all, God knows our family, is planning it in his perfect way, and knows what we need in this little guy. Oh, and he's healthy!! That was the best part of the ultrasound appointment--seeing all of his healthy moving parts, watching his heart beat and hearing that everything is great, even perfect. We are praising God for a healthy baby and I look forward to meeting him, hopefully no sooner than March 2012, although, a Feb 29th baby would be really cool! :)

(This poor little guy is so under-documented--this picture, taken at 20 weeks, is only the second or third that I've taken through the whole trimester. It seems that I am feeling the busyness already of having three and not getting to do all that I used to!)
No comments:
Post a Comment