Two great comments were left on the post yesterday about Roe v Wade, addressing the social issues that sometimes pressure folks into seeking an abortion. I feel like it's the piece of the puzzle that we always leave out when fighting against abortion. It's easy to oversimplify it and make it a right or wrong choice, but like many of our own situations in life, things are complicated.
Hating abortion and fighting for the unborn gives us another chance to be Christlike, in serving the poor, showing mercy and volunteering at clinics who are reaching out to help those poor moms, unlike Planned Parenthood.
Honestly, I don't even know how to begin to do any of that. Being relatively new to the city, I have not heard of clinics or organizations that are out there that are fighting this battle. But I think I should find them, we all should find them, if we are really serious about really being religious--caring for the orphans and widows of our city.
I need those reminders--walk the walk, don't just easily in my own comfortable life talk the talk. Thanks, friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment