Thursday, July 3, 2008

Busy Wednesday and Thursday!











Amos and I took our time this morning. It was a rainy morning and the last two mornings had to be more hurried to be ready in time for our therapy appointments.
Before we get to today, the first pictures are from yesterday, when Amos got out the wooden horse and rode away. I loved that little horse when I was young and am glad that Amos enjoys it too!
At breakfast we heard the sound of a garbage truck at the end of the alley. There has been a heap of trash and a former tenant's belongings from the house down there, for a few months now. I watched the guy dump this stuff and did not know then to call the police, since it's a major crime. The police informed us that we should always call, so now, we will. The Mayor's Action Committee sent some volunteers to clean it up and Amos and I sat and watched them take the trash away. Now it's all nice and clean and hopefully it stays that way!! Amos also enjoyed trying on Dan/Nathan's bike shoes and then we got ready for the day! We had plans to play with Sarah Peyton and Caroline Hart and we drove through the soft rain to play. Amos enjoyed playing with the girls and especially loved their basement full of toys. They pulled out a Little Tikes Tool Bench, which Amos took to immediately. They mentioned that they were going to donate it and asked if we would like it. I felt like I could not express my happiness and gratitude as Amos is really into tools right now. They also sent us home with an old bull dozer that's metal and missing two wheels, but the perfect size for Amos' little hands, and a little riding toy, that again, is Amos' size.
He took a great nap after his playdate and then we prepared to have the Vanests over. Mark, Emily and their six kids came and ate dinner with us and we had such a fun time having them over. Amos loved being with them, and at pne point after dinner, they all went up to the studio and played music together. As they were leaving, they all piled onto the porch swing and I took the opportunity to snap a picture!
Tomorrow we have plans to play with Paul, Cindy and Belachew Neal and then do other fun things for the Fourth. We'll see how Amos does this year!

No comments: