...and what a night it was. Amos coughed all night, and I do mean all night. I got an hour here and there of sleep while Nathan slept from midnight to 5. At 5, I handed him off, as I had been awake with Amos since 3, when we both got up and went downstairs. Amos needed to be upright, which helps to lessen the cough and then also needed a snack. While he snacked, we watched TV--Entertainment Tonight and the Tonight Show reruns. It was kinda cool to be up then checking things out, but soon, we both wanted to go back to sleep. After sticking Amos in bed with us and that not working, Nathan took him downstairs to the couch, where he slept little and coughed much. I brought him back into bed with me at 6:30 (after about an hour of sleep) and we both slept solidly until 8:30. The morning actually went well--going easy on Amos, giving him food he wants to eat (Puffins or Poe-Foes), watching lots of things while cuddling and playing and then doing medicine, breathing treatments and lunch to prepare for nap. Amos went down easily so I too, will be napping soon. This cold has been tough so far, maybe due to the lack of daily steroid treatments (to see if the warmer weather was helping), and lack of breast feeding. I know it's all bad timing, but I feel bad that he's not as prepared to fight this one as he's been in the past.
So far, his spirits are still up and he's his same old cheerful self, except when he wants to sleep and can't or when he's coughing alot. Hopefully he'll get better today and we'll have a better night!
No comments:
Post a Comment