








Today was a tough day. I had a hard time figuring out what to do with Amos at home, while continuing to rest my ankle. So we played with blocks, stacking and knocking over; he played with his kitchen and piano; we read books and made the hungry catapillar eat; we painted and then finally, it was lunch and nap time. Ahhhh. I took a bath while Amos slept, sticking my ankle out of the tub. I tried to nap but couldn't stop thinking! By the time I was almost asleep, Amos woke up and it was time to move. I decided to take Amos to the Children's Museum, so after a breathing treatment, a snack, getting dressed and other assorted small things that make us run behind, we finally got out. Our trip to the Museum was great, but way too short. Since Amos hasn't been out all week, he was like a kid in a candy store, running around exploring everything. We played in the play area, with trucks, the slide, sand and finally, the water. Amos soaked his sleeves in all the excitement, so he had to go in his undershirt. After the play area, we ran to the newly opened exhibit, all about comic books and super heros. We will have to come back because there was so much to do and see. We admired the Superman collection on the way in (making Grandaddy proud, I'm sure), looked at the Batmobile from the Batman returns movies, and saw the Super Friends collection, complete with the Hall of Justice and Batmobile. My brother, Joel, used to play with those all of the time and I'm sure the whole thing is still at my parents' house. We left at closing time to go pick up Nathan and head to dinner at our new friends' house a block away. Again, Amos went crazy checking out their house and got so excited about their cat. They have a six month old daughter so we had to get creative with entertaining him (with things he could play with!). After an active dinner, we returned to our house for snack, bed and a viewing of the Office finale, which was awesome!
The ankle did pretty well while out and about but it's a bit sore tonight, so I'll be putting it up again. And hope it feels better tomorrow.
And soon, we'll head to bed!
And soon, we'll head to bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment