Monday, August 27, 2012

Six months of Levi!!

Oh my goodness, Levi is such a joy.
Over the past few months, he has grown and changed so much. In the last month, he learned how to roll from front to back AND back to front, has worked on sitting up, has started eating solids and "talks" just a little bit. He is generally a happy guy and loves to smile. He is smiley and relational and loves looking at people when they talk.
Like Amos, even though he's not on a consistent schedule, there are consistent things about his day. He likes to sleep for 1 1/2-2 hours in the morning and afternoon and takes a small dinner time nap, too. And just in the last few days, he has slept through to 4 or 5 am, and then is ready for the day around 7.
In the last 4-6 weeks, he's started reaching out to grab things in front of him and figured out how to put his binky in his mouth by himself! He's such a smart little guy but overall, pretty happy and easy going.
I am really enjoying him and feel like he's reciprocating, relationally, which is really helpful.
Amos and Flannery still adore him although, I think Flannery wishes she was a baby, as she asks to nurse and talks about being a baby, frequently. I think it's her way of wanting to be close to me like Levi is, so I've tried to cuddle more with her.
There are days that I can't believe we have three, but I so enjoy them and am loving life with them.
It's been a tough and very sleep-deprived six months, but I'm very thankful that Levi is here!

1 comment:

Paul, Lauren, Witt, and Nash said...

He is so precious Sarah! So many days I too feel like I can't believe we have three, but I am so grateful even in the craziness. Hollis was in our room for 11 months and was up 3-4 x every.single.night. The first night we put her in her own room she slept 12 hrs straight. Holy cow, sleep deprivation is brutal and sends me into an incredible funk! How is homeschooling? We are plugging away in our first year with Kindergarten. I would love some direction/poimters if you would like to share at some point. I know life is full.

Blessings!
Lauren