Monday, January 30, 2012

Flannery, 22 & 23 months










It's hard to believe that little Lainey is almost 2 and yet, it seems like she's been 2 for awhile. (Just to prove this, she just asked for her binky, I said no, and she said, "Why Mommy?" Oh. Wow.).
Anyway, the past few weeks have been a challenge for us with her, mostly because of her health. She has been randomly throwing up and when that happens, is not a very good patient. We found out that she was allergic to yellow corn/corn meal and would throw up after having bagels at church on Sundays. Crazy connection, but I think it was right. Our naturopath treated her using the NAET method and now, she's ok! I'm so thankful for our naturopath and someday, I'll write a post on the great treatments we have been receiving from her.
Anyway, since we have been treating Flannery's allergies (she was also mildly allergic to egg whites and food additives), and restricting her diet until those treatments could be done, she has been the most pleasant and wonderful person to be around. It has been a struggle for me to be so irritated with her on a constant basis because of her fussiness, but now I see that it was due to food allergies. And now, when she whines, she's usually hungry (which is every few hours), just like when she was a baby.
She is showing creativity, playing with her little doll house, with her dolls, with Amos' Star Wars toys, and other things. Her language is expanding and she is now using 2 and 3 word sentences to express herself, which is often. It seems like she is coming out of her shell. She loves that Amos is home more, now, and they are learning how to play together, which has been a challenge for both.
She is still pretty opinionated, picking out what she wants to wear, and even my clothes, at times. She is just so dang smart!!
Anyway, it has been an awesome and challenging two years. I can't wait to see her be a big sister and hope she handles it well!

No comments: