Wow, a year and a half of Flannery!
This little lady definitely has our hearts and since Amos has been at school this week, it's been good to have one on one time with her. She misses Amos. When we get into the car, after dropping him off, she asks, "Baba?!" And I have to remind her that we said, "Bye Bye, Baba!"
It's funny, last year at this time, I felt that we were turning a corner and that I was starting to figure her our more and was hoping that things with her would get easier. They did, but the last few weeks have been tough. Now that she can walk, she doesn't want to be held and wants to walk/run around everywhere we are. I have to put her in the sling when I take Amos into school because she wants to get down and run around his classroom. That's not surprising, since she wants to do ever-y-thing that big brother does. Everything. Amos puts ketchup on his eggs? She wants it too, even if she doesn't like it!
She has started doing this new thing when she talks where she asks for something and repeats it in an odd way...like asking for water: "Wah-wah? Wah-wah!" It's like her tone asks a question first and then states it. It's really funny. She'll do it over and over again until she gets an answer!
She also is really into dressing up, more than ever. She is constantly putting on shoes, hats, bathing suits, whatever miscellaneous items of clothing she finds. We've also figured out how to do little hairdos and pigtails in her hair. They are SO CUTE!!! She is a cutie either way, but having her hair done just makes her look so much older!
She really is a character. I feel excited to be spending more time with her, though. I still feel like I don't really get her as she seems every bit as complex as her brother! Here are more fun pictures:


No comments:
Post a Comment