
Tomorrow Amos starts Preschool. And he is stoked! Four years ago, he came home from the hospital and it's been he and I ever since. I have rarely felt the desire to send him away to any sort of childcare and even considered homeschooling him.
But this summer, he started to get restless. He saw Curious George go to school in one episode and since then, has been asking to go to school. I realized too that I am not cut out to homeschool, at least, not right now. He is moving way faster than I am most days and I get so distracted with things around the house that I would make a terrible home teacher!
So he's going to a little preschool just northwest of us. There are a few families from church also sending their kiddos to this preschool. We think it will be great for him, too.
Last week, we visited for an hour and showed Amos his classroom. He made himself right at home, dumping out the cars and trucks. He walked around, talking to the teachers, checking it all out. I didn't know how he was going to do, since he doesn't go to the church nursery, but he seemed to do fine, checking it all out. He even wanted to go back. I did have to explain to him that he goes to school without me, which he seemed to understand But we'll see.

Tonight I reminded him that he gets to go to school tomorrow and his face lit up and he exclaimed so much that you would have thought it was Christmas. We are really excited for him. We are excited to see him grow intellectually, creatively, and socially.
But it's the end of an era. And the beginning of a new one, I suppose. It's time for Flannery and I to get to hang out, right?!




1 comment:
Oh such precious photos!!
Steph
Post a Comment