

Amos was so excited to go to school today. We had to really get it into gear around here to be on time and will have to keep practicing if we want to be better at it! No more PBS mornings on school days. No more lounging and cuddling--there's people to see, places to be!
When we got to school, Amos ran up the ramp to the front door and ran ahead of me to his class. Our friend, Tara, had just dropped her son off and took this picture of us in the parking lot.
After we made it to his classroom and established with Amos that he wasn't able to go to the gym at that moment to do exercise, AND to stay in the room and not run out the door, he decided to play with the playdough on the table. And seriously, barely noticed that I was there! One of his teachers kindly took a pic of the three of us and then Flannery and I were off. He gave me lots of kisses and hugs and then got back to playing.


Flannery and I made it to the car and she fell asleep as soon as I started driving. I decided to run up to Costco during Amos' abbreviated school day and after I finally found it, enjoyed the ease of shopping with only one (immoble child!!) again. I soon returned to school and walked in with Tara and her daughter. We spied on the kids for a minute as they had reading time and right before Amos spotted me, looked like he was crying. When I went in, he was all teary saying he missed me. Poor guy! He was so sweet and asked that we go home. His teachers said that he did really well, missing me a few times but overall, had a great morning.
It was so strange and yet, oddly normal for Amos to be away at school. It just feels like it's time, kind of like how it felt like it was time to send away the binkies and then potty train. I think it will take a bit of adjusting for him, though. He's been a bit emotional today and kind of clingy. We're just trying to process through with him what this new chapter in life means. We're glad that it's here and are excited to see what happens!

1 comment:
Aw, so glad he transitioned well! He is so cute in that hat and backpack!
Post a Comment