Yesterday we got him a watch (one that works!!) and he was really into "telling time" since then. Of course, he says the totally wrong thing, like "Is it seven o'clock yet?" when it's almost noon, but it's so cute and it shows us how much he's interested!

He's continuing to build with the couch cushions and loves to make his baby sister laugh! He's a great helper and really loves to help. Sometimes he likes to help me in the kitchen when cooking or baking and is really great about helping with Flannery. He'll sit with her or will run and get something.
Amos still loves to sing and lately, sings really loudly! A few weeks ago, he was playing his little electric guitar. When a song came on that he knew, he sang along, but sang in harmony. I freaked out, naturally, because it was so amazing! I love harmonizing and remember singing along to James Taylor in the car, as a child! We'll probably start piano lessons soon and until then, continue to sing and let him play music as he wants. It's so amazing to see how his little brain works, especially after we went thru such great trouble to help it be healthy. He's such a wonderful little guy and I'm so thankful for him!



Flannery is growing up faster than Amos did and we're continually astounded at the things she's picking up, and who she's becoming.
On Tuesday we went to the pediatrician for her four month check up. She weighed in at 14 lbs, 9.5 oz and 24 inches long. When Amos was four months old, he only weighed 8 lbs. I feel like a broken record, but it's crazy how different it is to have a normal baby! And it helps put Amos' experience as a baby in perspective. The Doc gave us the go-ahead to start cereal for little Flannery, so we began that today...more on that later! She has stopped sleeping through the night, so it's time for us to fill up her belly again!
She has such a sweet temperament and loves to sit and watch all of the activity that takes place around her. And while she's content to sit quietly, she also has a will and can be subtly intense when it comes to eating or sleeping. It's hard to describe, but I have a feeling that she'll give her brother a run for his money in the intensity department!

Naturally, we're so in love with our little blessings. I feel like I am beginning to get back into the swing of things now that the fog of the first three months has lifted. Flannery is part of our family now, more than ever and I look forward to seeing how her dynamic affects us as individuals and as a family!
No comments:
Post a Comment