For us, Easter is a busy time of year, much like Christmas. At church, there are special things going on, more services, prayer times and art to be put up. This year was no exception as Easter kept Nathan very busy. He was already behind from being off from Flannery's birth, so the last 8 weeks have been a combination of catch-up and extra work for him.
But Easter Sunday was beautiful. It was a gorgeous day and the service was lovely, filled with rejoicing and gladness. I spent most of it in the cry room, a room for nursing moms and upset children. Amos loves going in there because it means he gets to play! There is a tv screen in there that shows what is going on in the sanctuary so we don't really miss out on worship, which is really nice.
This year, with all of the busy-ness of Nathan working and me caring for two kiddos now, I had a hard time really engaging all that Palm Sunday, Holy Week and Easter mean for me and my heart and my beliefs. I don't think I really had a chance to sit and think deeply about it all and yet I still know and am thankful for all that Easter means.
In celebration of Easter week ending, I cooked my first Easter dinner: ham, au gratin potatoes and green bean casserole. While it was not the most amazing meal I had ever had, it was still tasty and I enjoyed cooking it. We had friends over and had a wonderful evening. Nathan took Monday off and we got out our new (handed down) double jogger and went for a walk to the park.



And on Tuesday, our little Miss turned 8 weeks old! She is growing up so fast!! I am realizing now just how far behind Amos was and why he seemed to be a baby forever! At 8 weeks, he was still supposed to be in the womb.
Flannery is continuing to smile more and now does a sweet little thing where she smiles at me before I feed her and then we have a little chat. If I say a "g" sound (like the start of gorilla), she coos back at me and we go back and forth from there. It really seems like we're talking to each other! She also is very alert, watching the action in the house. She'll specifically watch whoever is talking, and will even turn her head if she needs to!
She's still a chunky little girl, growing and getting bigger. I think she's up to 10 1/2 lbs or so.
She's sleeping well, which is so helpful. And Amos adores her, asking if she's awake so he can talk to her. He loves to touch her and wants to play with her and show her his toys. He really is a sweet big brother.
We continue to really enjoy Flannery and love seeing her grow up!



1 comment:
What a cutie pie! Sounds like my cutie pie!I love those little "conversations" and the smiles are so amazing aren't they? Although Magnus has more for me AFTER he eats!
Post a Comment