
2) Amos hates to be interrupted to eat, take a nap, in general, do anything except what's going on in his little world at the moment.
3) The fighting that goes along with said interruptions. We still have to remind him to eat at the table, as his imagination is always in full swing OR, he's really tired OR really bored!
Up to this point, I've tried to see if he can "save his pee-pee for the potty" and keep his diaper dry. No such luck. As in other transitions and major changes, Amos needs tangible evidence that what was once familiar to him is now changing, in a big way.
So today he wore a t-shirt and underwear all day. And we had some accidents. But it wasn't that bad, even the poo accident. The encouraging thing is that he went almost every time I sat him on the potty, which was every 15 minutes for most of the day. Using a timer was helpful too, because he knew when the timer went off, it was time to head fo the potty and I didn't have to be the bad guy! The discouraging thing is that when he did go in his pants, it didn't phase him one bit. I had to tell him that he went in his pants and had to really really go on about how BAD it was that he went in his pants. He didn't seem to even feel the urge, either. So...
Tomorrow morning I have my twice-monthly MOPS meeting and I plan to put him in a pullup and try to get him to go as frequently as possible. The good thing is that he's into it. I'm going to try to take it a day at a time!
2 comments:
I think I'm the luckiest mom in the world. Josh trained Jonas over a weekend while I was at work. He used the book "Potty training in less than a Day" although really it took all weekend. Its been a couple of months and he still has accidents now and then, but not very often. Maybe you should leave it to Nathan?
Wow Sarah, it sounds like a lot of work, and I'm impressed at your fortitude. Hope things go even better than expected! Go Amos, go!
Post a Comment