Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Little Miracle

This week is Holy Week, another busy time for us and our church. Nathan has been getting up early to do morning prayers with people at the church. He's also been planning Good Friday and Easter Sunday services. Oh yeah, and we also did a Seder Supper at our house last night, observing the Jewish holiday of Passover.
It's been a busy week and sometimes I have a hard time with all the doing to stop and think about what's really important.
Today I stopped and remembered to engage it. I remembered that since Amos is with me most of the time that I have a huge responsibility to guide his little heart and mind in a good direction. 
At lunch, we got out the kiddie Bible and read the Christmas story (for some back story) and then read about the Last Supper. After that, I asked Amos if it was the "same thing" as something we do at church, when we walk up front, eat the bread and drink the cup. After a minute, he said, "Communion!" It was an awesome moment. 
It was awesome to share that with him; for him to see his little Bible and know that it is about Jesus. I want him to grow up with great knowledge of the Bible and someday profess great faith in Jesus. And I am excited about the role I have in that, hoping that it will grow my faith and our relationship with Amos.

1 comment:

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

It is an awesome and sobering task, all at the same time, isn't it?

Jude asks to read his little toddler Bible every night...melts my heart :)