Well, it's the dead of winter--we've got cold temps and snow. I won't be leaving the house today, didn't leave yesterday and may stay inside again tomorrow! The snow outside does help--it give us something to look at and enjoy. Amos LOVES the snow. Last night, at 8, he was begging to have his coat put on so he could go for a "snow walk" with his toy lawnmower (and yes, figuring that out required some translating!). Today, we will not play outside, as it is currently zero degrees. Even though it's sunny and 2 in the afternoon, it's still pretty darn cold. That's ok, we've had fun today and thankfully, he hasn't asked really really nicely to go out yet!






Amos attempted to sled and did, down a small mound in our neighbor's yard, and then wanted to shovel snow into his sled! Sometimes he's on a mission that no one can shake!









But yesterday, we did go out, all bundled up and layered and had a fun time together:






Amos attempted to sled and did, down a small mound in our neighbor's yard, and then wanted to shovel snow into his sled! Sometimes he's on a mission that no one can shake!
Like I said, we've had a pretty good day and a good last week for that matter.
Today is vest day around the house. In an effort to keep us warm without turning up the heat toooo much, Amos and I are wearing our new fleece vests from GrrMama! After we bathed this morning (I quickly showered, then Amos played in the bath for a long time!), I decided to take out the new vests. Amos was so excited, especially about the pockets. He had his hands nestled inside them for a solid half an hour!

And in a slightly artistic and time-wasting but fun way, I took pictures of my engagement ring, testing out the digital macro setting on my camera. The lighting was good and I got a few really beautiful pictures of my blue-green diamond. Sure, maybe it was a bit indulgent but so much fun to try to capture it on my little Canon camera! (Too bad I didn't get a manicure, though. It's scary to see your cuticles amplified that much!)



And over the past weekend, we attempted to clean up the place and move in a bit more. Our bedroom had become the dumping grounds over the holidays and I was done with having a tornado scene for a bedroom. In order to make that happen, we needed to re-assemble some shelves for storage and after Nathan finished one set, I remembered how those were the shelves that we were going to put in Amos' room! Poor Nathan was so agreeable to put together the other set of IKEA shelves, from Beth, but ended up having to go to Lowe's for the hardware, as the screws got lost in the move. So also putting shelves in Amos' room then got me into thinking about the rest of his room and soon, I was doing two major projects! Thankfully, our room got mostly cleaned up (with Nathan's great help!) and we got Amos' room closer to being cute and decorated. I'll take pictures when we're done with his room, but here's a bit of how our room looks now:

Nathan hung the my birthday/Christmas picture, from our wedding and we're going to take down the gross blinds and put up linen Roman IKEA blinds. The curtains added more softness and light and we feel so much more relaxed in our little space now!
And now for more pictures:
Amos and Dada put the shelves together, together!; Amos posed for the camera wearing his new outfit from GrrMama and GrrDada: flannel lined jeans which have really come in handy and a dump truck shirt; and the continuing musical endeavors of our little guy...







In the time it's taken me to finish this post (my pesky dinosaur Dell froze up once and closed the internet window, argh!), the air outside has warmed up a bit! We've finally reached our high for the day, TWO DEGREES! I think that's the coldest weather I've been in for a long while now!
1 comment:
i love your hair that length!
Post a Comment