Monday, January 26, 2009

Life with a 2 and a half year old...

A peek into the mind of a creative and growing little person...



Over the past few weeks, Nathan and I have realized that we are smack in the middle of a new phase--the one that involves a two and a half year old. Amos hit that mark officially, last week, but I didn't really have time to elaborate.
First off, he's really talking and I mean, really. Being blown away by what he says is now an everyday occurance. The most notable thing is that he's figuring out how to piece together sentences using verbs..."Mama, Amos need Dada!" "I want Snoopy!" "Mama, play (with) Amos!" "OK!" "I need cake, again!"
Another fun thing is that he's started saying try, as in, "Dada, Amos try poo poo" which he said yesterday morning after being stopped up from all the weight gain powder we're giving him!
It's neat to see him be able to use words correctly, too. He knows when to say "more" and "again" and he's learning how to say OK at the right times. Our conversations are becoming more complex and we're actually understanding him more, not just noddng and smiling!
He's also recognizing colors more--green trucks, blue chairs, red fabric. And that's a ton of fun!
Amos is also the observant, attention-to-detail, active, type A little guy that he's always been! That's who I was pregnant with and who was in the hospital!
All of this confirms what I've discovered about myself lately--I've enjoyed parenting in this stage much more than in the baby stage and I think I'm geared toward little folks who can communicate back! Don't get me wrong, I love babies--it's just been so great with Amos, lately.
And lastly, this past weekend was when we found out I was pregnant with Amos, three years ago. How time flies! I was an Office Manager in Seattle, hoping to become a mommy soon! We discovered I was already six weeks along and laughed at how it finally took the digital pregnancy test to spell out what was going on! What a sweet time.
We're thankful for Amos, as always. He's an amazing blessing!

2 comments:

Abigail said...

oh my gosh sarah, i thought you were going to say "and this past weekend was when we found out i am pregnant!"
haha...whoa! that was close! and funny. whew!
ok. that's all! haha.
larv yar!

arby

The Robbins & Co said...

seriously, when did Amos become a boy? i feel like just yesterday, he was rolling around my apartment floor in the u-district! oh, you should know that eli laughs and talks to pictures of you (and other family members) on our fridge! it's as if he knows that you love him!