Well it looks like I got some people going with my last post. So much so, they posted comments anonymously.
It's true that the previous post and its story might have oversimplified things a bit, but still, that's all I've heard of Obama's plan--to "spread the wealth," which in itself, is an oversimplification (and it's a pretty frightening statement to some people). He is making blanket statements and bad assumptions about people and businesses that make over $250k, too, just as the previous post seemed to label all poor people as "lazy and irresponsible," (your words, Anonymous).
The funny thing is that I didn't post that as a person who says, "OH NO! They're going to take all of my wealth away!" I posted as someone who has parents and friends who work hard, and who are not in the upper class. They own small businesses, are self-empolyed OR if they are in the upper class, are giving money to the poor, already.
And yeah, they are hard working and responsible, so there's something to be said for their fear of all of their hard work going to someone else who is living off the government. Sure, maybe it's not all the fault of every poor person that they're in that situation, but in some and probably many cases, it just might be.
Either way, I felt like the story in the previous post helped me understand the parties more. Sorry if you are offended--you can leave a comment if you want, but at least sign your name.
2 comments:
I hate anonymous comments.
You and I must really be SAJE blood sisters after all. I mean, I could not agree more with you on every post you have written on politics!
I thought it was a great analogy! I heard another one on the radio the other day.
There's a little boy, in elementary school, who is enjoying his lunch in the lunch room. He notices his friend doesn't have a lunch. His friend comes from a very poor home and very rarely brings a lunch or lunch money to school, so he offers the little boy half of his lunch. He's happy to help the other boy in need by sharing his lunch b/c giving to those in need feels good when we are capable of doing so.
So here's a different story about the same boy. He's sitting in the lunch room, eating his lunch, when the principal walks by. The principal sees the little boy's lunch and decides to take it and give it to some other kids. The principle gives 1/3 of his lunch to the bully who picks on the little boy every day and the other third of his lunch to the pretty girl in his class who won't even look his way. Welcome to socialism!
Post a Comment