







Amos ate every crumb of cake, asking for "Mo, ssst!" And he made sure to get every drop of ice cream, too. He rarely gets dessert so this was a real treat!We had a great day, today, celebrating our little guy. This morning I woke up and wished I had thought ahead to bring cupcakes to church for after church refreshments. Oh well! I did make Amos a birthday onesie, writing "2" on the front and "Birthday Boy!!" with a "2" on the back. I had just found my colored sharpies, what else was I to do? :)Amos had his favorite breakfast, Puffins, or "Pofo"--4 bowls full. And then we made it to church, slightly late! So we sat up in the second row, partly due to no seats in the back and partly as an experiment to see how Amos would do! He did ok, coming apart at the end. After lunch and nap, I went to the store and got ready to have birthday dinner with friends, the Sqrows and the Raders. AJ, Jen, Jonas and Luci arrived after being rained out at the pool and the play began! While Jen and I made dinner, the kids and Dads had fun hanging out and playing. Soon Neal, Trish, Ellie and Abe arrived and we had dinner. After dinner we introduced our birthday tradition to our friends and we all danced to the Birthday Song, by the Beatles. Then it was time for cake and ice cream. Trish was so kind as to make cupcakes and Jonas was especially excited, sitting nicely at the table while we got them iced! I brought down my Muppet Show paper plates, bowls and cuttlery (which we forgot to use at the first party) and had some cake. This time Amos didn't want to blow out the "2" candle so Nathan did it for him. Again, after the flame out, he asked Nathan, "Where did it go?"
As we ate our cake and ice cream, we realized that it was 7 pm, eastern time, which made it 4pm, Pacific Time. It was neat to pause and mark the time that Amos was born. We had great fun and enjoyed having our friends over to celebrate!Tonight as I put Amos to bed, I told him the story of his birth. He recently has learned "little tiny" and we pinch our fingers, almost all the way together and make our voices really squeaky, so he kept saying that about himself! It was so cute! It'll be great to tell him someday when he's old enough to understand.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Amos!! Can't believe it's been two years! Love you and look forward to seeing you so soon! With love, Dan and Laura
Sounds like a fun day! I love the Birthday Boy shirt.
Post a Comment