I'm sitting here, listening to the Weather Channel and its threats of severe weather and tornado watches and watching Amos run around, chasing a yellow balloon. Finally I decide it's photo- and blog-worthy. I attempted to take pictures but Amos would not stand still for a clear picture. So here are the results.



This morning Miss Hannah came for our Developmental Therapy appointment. I think Amos and I were a bit tired this morning, as I was a bit less interested in what she had to say and grew tired of her constant over analysis of Amos and why he wasn't cooperating and Amos had other ideas about what he wanted to do this morning. I don't really know, either, what the deal was. I just know he had a hard time concentrating and cooperating. She was gracious in the end, allowing for our missed appointment last week and understanding that some kids have off days. I just wanted it to end!! And she said some good things about Amos, too. She was impressed that he can sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" all the way through; that he now says "NO!" to the dogs (and hopefully never to us!!); that he has said "dog" for wanting to read his dog book or play with the dogs; that he is such a good drummer and has strong wrists and that he's getting better with the farm animal puzzle that she brings. He also did sit a few different times, for 3-5 minutes doing an activity with her, so that's progress we got excited about.
After a short car ride to and from church, Amos had lunch and nap sooner than usual, which explains alot about this morning. He slept longer than usual, too, but I woke him up, afraid that we would have to run to the basement in the event of a tornado. I hate storms!! Thankfully, they've passed for now and our house is still standing.
In other news, my first night teaching art went pretty well. It got kinda chaotic at points but in the end, everyone had fun (I hope) and made things to take home. Earlier, I tested my project for tonight and discovered that I'll have to go with a plan B. I've torn Amos away from his new fun long enough for a snack and then we'll head over to the church so I can test things out. I hope it works!
But first, I need to recharge with a cup of coffee in my new mug...thanks Beth!! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment