This whole ankle-twisting business is not what I had planned for today, a beautful sunny day. But oh well. We'll make it work.
By the time I went to bed last night, the swelling had really gone down and the pain was minimal. Overnight, I got up to hlep give Amos a breathing treatment and things were a bit swollen and stiff again. This morning, things are the same, so I've taken more Advil and am now applying ice. Nathan let me sleep in, giving Amos breakfast and getting us settled before he went to work. He also got crutches at Walgreens last night that I've used some already.
It turns out that I really did twist my ankle, with my ankle muscle and the muscle on the inside of my foot that comes up and connects to my ankle being the most sore. So I'll try to stay off of it today, although, as soon as Nathan drove away, Amos needed his toy drill upstairs, so we hobbled up there. He also found his play computer keyboard, which took attention away from the drill. We got both and brought them down and now he's playing with his cars! :)
So we'll see how the day goes. I hope we can get outside!
1 comment:
Sad, Sally! I hope it heals quickly. I hope you're doing your arnica pills and cream. I swear by the arnica cream and gentle stroking over the sore area in one direction going up the leg. My PT says that arnica plus the stroking helps your blood to clean out the congealed blood (bruising), reduce swelling, and make it feel better. I did that with my bad ankle sprain before performances, and it enabled me to make it through a show
Post a Comment