Tuesday, March 18, 2008

On the mend.











I feel like today, I can't stop giving thanks. It seems that all day, so far, I'm seeing how many prayers, given over time and just in the last week, have been answered.
My sister and Dan made it to NY. They barely made a connecting flight, but caught it in time. They are now safely on US soil!
Our good friend who is also pregnant, Jessica, has made it to 25 weeks. This is a huge praise, since they lost their first unborn baby last spring. And they are coming to visit soon! Can't wait!
A hard situation that my mom faced has gotten better, which has really encouraged her.
Nathan and I both managed to stay well during Amos' mysterious illness, which was a huge blessing.
Amos got a good report at the Neurosurgeon today and if all goes well, we won't be back there for another six months!
And Amos' health is a huge answer to prayer. I think this time I was way more scared, just because there were no sure signs of any one sickness. He did have a diaper yesterday that confirmed more of a stomach bug, so that made a little bit of sense. The good news from our Neurosurgeon was good to hear, as I went through the emotional rollercoaster of imagining Amos, having MRI's done, surgery and hospital stays. I am thankful that for now, we don't have to do that.

I know that whatever happens in our life is from God and that he carries us through those tough things, and that in the end, we will be OK, because he loves us. So I think the thing I dread is the pain and sadness that naturally comes with those tough things. I know we will all be ok, I would just rather be OK without the hardship. The only thing is that the hardship is what makes us better. It's what God uses to "burn off the dross" and make us more beautiful and like Him. So I will try to keep remembering that and trust him to take care of us.


We've had a good day so far. Amos has gone back to playing, making his rounds to all of his toy spots. He's even figured out how to ride his truck and his motorcycle, which he really enjoyed. He cleaned up his kitchen, watched some of the Muppet Show (which he LOVES, because of all of the music and awesome characters), he ate a halfway decent lunch and read some of his truck book. He took an ok nap, but woke himself up from coughing. So, we'll do more breathing treatments and try to kick the ick!

2 comments:

Sarah H said...

Glad Amos is well. He looks so grown up in his overalls!

You will love Jessica's cute baby belly. :)

Jesky 'Bera said...

sure is good when things are good!