Amos slept through the night last night, and went to sleep without crying incessantly! He stayed up a bit late because we had given him an albuterol breathing treatment and that usually makes him hyper. When he seemed tired, I gave him lots of hugs and kisses (dreading the crying to come) and Nathan took him upstairs (he was already crying), got him ready for bed and put him in his crib. He told him to stay down, and to go to sleep. Amos stopped crying and didn't make a peep all night! This morning Nathan got up at 6:30 and woke me up to tell me the good news: Amos slept through the night! Woo hoo! Amos woke up around 7 and I went to fetch him and give him lots of praise. He was a bit cold and needed some cuddles, so we got back in bed for a little while longer.
In yesterday's post, I mentioned that Nathan went to Amos a few times the night before, but I was mistaken. He went in to give him medicine at midnight (the tooth is really painful when it flares) but that was it. When Amos was up a few hours later, talking, Nathan never went in, just listened. I think that helped set the rules, and paved the way for our success last night. Plus Amos was really tired yesterday from the sleep he was not getting lately.
Anyway, I feel thankful that he didn't cry alot last night. I was really sad as I anticipated that, but am glad he went right to sleep. So we'll see how things go today and tonight!
2 comments:
YEAH YEAH YEAH everyone needs a full nights sleep to be their best! I am so happy for all of you. love checking in on you guys and your adventures hope you have many full nights sleep to come....well mostly full sleep bc there is always teething, colds and the other reasons on why children are up at 2 am
YAY!I'm so glad for you. Way to go good mommy!
Post a Comment