Today Amos said two new words. We're not sure if he'll remember them tomorrow, but we were excited today! At lunch, I gave him a cracker, and he copied me and said, "ca-cker." We were freaking out. Then tonight, during his bath, Nathan taught him how to say duck. As he was going to bed, he showed me his new word, and again, we were really excited! He seems to be watching and noticing things even more now, and it's exciting to think that he could be learning how to talk now, not just saying words!
Work on the house is coming along and the contractors told us that by Friday, they'll be about 95% done. I am getting really anxious for them to be done, and today, I had had enough of the dust! I know there will probably more tomorrow, but for today, I had to dust and mop a bit. Amos was excited that my swiffer was out and was emphatically pleasing to have a turn. So I got out his new swiffer, the one from Santa, hoping that he would come alongside me and clean with his. No such luck! So after awhile of me, swiffering, I gave him a turn and he was so happy. Oh well, maybe when he gets older he'll like his toys better!
The sleep situation is going well and I feel very encouraged. I realized today that it's ok that we have a later schedule. I like getting up after 7 or 7:30, not before, and so I've come to appreciate that Amos likes sleeping until 8 or 9. We are getting better at sleeping through the work being done, which is also encouraging--that Amos is becoming a better sleeper. He is also going to one nap a day, working it out himself. It's great. Today in the car, we kept him awake, and he had a great lunch and then a long nap. Tonight we did the patting routine and he barely protested when I put him in bed and started patting. So I feel really encouraged, we're waking up about the same time every day, he's taking a nap at the same time and we're trying to keep the bedtime the same too.
Nathan and I were talking today about how we wondered who Amos would become. The thing we realized is that we should be noticing and enjoying who he is right now, that he is someone right now, just as we are someone right now, but that he'll change and grow, just as we still do. Albeit, he will be changing faster, but I want to try to remember to appreciate and live in the present, to engage it and not wish for tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment