My back is getting better, slowly but surely. Today I had minimal stiffness, mostly when I woke up this morning. I've determined that the soreness and stiffness came from my over-exuberant exercising and my emphatic kicking with my 2.5 lb weights on each ankle. That's enough to throw the back out, I'm pretty sure! Tomorrow I may get back on the horse, with some Pilates. We'll see how it goes!
Tonight Amos fell asleep in five minutes, in his crib, without me patting! In just over a week's time, he's gone from falling asleep in half an hour, with me patting and singing, to falling asleep in 5-20 minutes, without me patting or singing, and just standing next to his crib. I feel really encouraged about his sleeping better.
Last night, I tried putting him to bed, but after half an hour and one baby that was tossing and turning, I figured out that he needed to play some more. So, he took a bath, played the bath xylophone and got his wiggles out. When he returned to bed, he went right to sleep. It made for a late bed time, but we know now to really play hard to wear him out and give him a bath with lots of splashing to really get him ready for bed. He woke up about an hour later, but I got him back to sleep in a matter of minutes, and slept in his own bed until 4 this morning!!! I was very excited about that too!
AND we have one more day of attic remodeling...the guys are supposed to be finished tomorrow!! I am so excited that they are almost done. We went and bought lots of bed and bath stuff at Marshall's yesterday and I am excited to get things set up. I did unpack into our new linen closet yesterday and found lots of other things that were exciting to find! Like my cookbooks, random cd's, dvd's and video tapes, office supplies and other fun things. Anyway, it will be good to have our house back (since we had it for all of 10 days before they started). I will be glad when I can wake up, and come out my bedroom door without wondering if there will be guys there too, to greet me!
Lastly, Amos is adding animal sounds to his repetoire. Today he added a "moo" and practiced the other sounds he's learned. We're also starting to work on picking up skills, and trying to make cleaning up fun. It can happen, we just have to practice!
No comments:
Post a Comment