Friday, July 9, 2010

Flannery is five months old!




She's totally a grabber now...if you are holding her and there's anything within her reach, she'll grab it or try to grab it! Tonight, I was holding her during dinner and she almost spilled my soup all over the place by grabbing the bowl. And now, when I try to take her picture, she tries to grab the camera, if it's close enough!


She's falling in love with her binky...which makes me happy, to be honest. It helps so much, every day in so many ways. It helped alot during our long car rides, too. She's learning how to put it in her mouth by herself, and we're still hoping it will win over the fingers! :)



She's becoming very expressive with her face and voice. She's still subtle in her expressions, but they come out intensely at times.



She still laughs randomly, at the strangest things. Tonight, Nathan was putting a sheet back on her crib mattress and if he dropped it in the bed, she would really cackle and laugh. It was so funny!
She probably weighs about 15 lbs. and is still pretty chubby. She's a good eater, but what she really really cares about is sleeping. She still sleeps alot during the day, taking frequent short naps between long ones. Many times she'll cry because she's tired and so all I'll do is cuddle her, give her the binky and pat her to sleep. It usually works! Or, if we're out, I'll stick her in a front pack and try to get her to sleep while we grocery shop or go to church or through the Children's Museum. I'm ready for her to have a regular nap schedule, though, but for now, I'm at least glad that I've figured out how to deal with all of her sleeping!!
Amos is continuing to love being with her and playing with her. If we go up together after she's woken up, he'll climb into her crib with her and give her lots of kisses.
We're loving our little lady. I can't believe she's already five months old, but it does feel like she' been here for awhile now!

No comments: