
We celebrated Amos' fourth birthday on Tuesday, and had as much fun as possible. Amos had the Hand, Foot and Mouth virus, and because he still puts his hands in his mouth (to bite his nails) and picks his nose, he really could infect someone! SO, we stayed home and played and had a great day! We played upstairs, with his "trash" stuff...a few trucks and lots of torn up paper! He played with Flannery a bit and then watched his new favorite movie, Robots. We went to a local specialty market that's close to us, The Goose, and had gelato. He chose double chocolate and we ended up hanging out there for a few minutes, enjoying our snack, as it started to torrentally rain while we were in there.
For dinner, he got to have chicken nuggets and Buzz Lightyear macaroni and cheese and for his "birthday cake" he had graham crackers and chocolate icing. It was very tasty!!
We gave him a new guitar hat and another DVD, Wallace and Gromit. He really liked them!






This year, Amos grew even more in creativity, personality, vocabulary and maturity. He went from being a older toddler to a big boy who uses the potty, goes up and down stairs by himself, is a big helper, super imaginative, very loving, musical and a singer. He sings constantly and loves to play music with Nathan. He can change keys and even sing in harmony (only once, but it happened!!). He still can't say his L's very well so he says things like "awot and awot and awot" (alot and alot and alot) and "Mommy, I wuv you, too!" It's so cute. Lately, to talk about something in the past, he'll say, "A wong wong time ago, ....." and sometimes, to emphasize how long ago it was, he'll say "A wong wong WONG wong wong time ago..." which is always super funny and we have to try not to laugh! This replaces what he used to say, "The o'er morning..." for anything that happened in the past. He is so funny, so much of the time!
He loves to dress up, especially when it's very appropriate (Bulldozer Man anyone?). With his birthday money from GrrMama, he bought a new firehat and matching vest from the Target dollar bin. We also found a chef's hat, which we actually were wanting, for Amos to wear when he helps us in the kitchen.




He's really good at playing by himself, pretending with cars or trucks or trash. I once asked him to have a snack and read some books while I made dinner and he really did it. I was so proud of him!

He is becoming interested in letters and reading, which *might* be attributed to the amount of PBS he's been watching lately...(wince)...So since the end of Flannery's pregnancy through her infancy, it's been great to have those shows on our DVR to help me manage both kiddoes. I know, back in the day, people didn't have DVR's but anyway, it's been helpful. And so we've recorded lots of great shows that do spelling and letter recognition and I really believe it's helped him get interested in letters and reading. He's also been recognizing words that rhyme and shapes that look like letters. I'm excited for him to learn how to read, although, we'll have to figure a way to talk in front of him without spelling!
He is a pretty sensitive guy, and we really have to be careful not to hurt his feelings. Sometimes, if he gets in trouble or if we are irritated, we have to really explain how we're feeling to him. I think he takes after me and seems to be easily hurt. Sometimes we wonder how he'll do when he goes to school!
Tonight as we were eating dinner, I still couldn't believe that Amos is four. When I put him to bed, we snuggled for a bit and it just blew my mind how big he is. I know this is what happens with kids, but wow, he is growing up so fast!
We love him so much and are excited to continue to watch him grow up!
No comments:
Post a Comment