


In the past few weeks, Flannery has been finding her thumb. She's had her hands in her mouth during most of her awake time (when she's not eating) and has slowly started to stick her thumb out and suck on it. Thank goodness! I know all of the orthodontists out there are shuddering, but I need some relief and would be happy for her to be a thumb sucker! We'll see, I guess!
She's also gotten quite chatty...when she's hungry, especially, she'll do these long sounds that are intentional, while making eye contact. It's really neat. She's happy, most of the time, to wait until the last moment to eat, but if I'm around, or she hears my voice, she wants to eat right away, "talking" to let me know it!
Again, I feel like she is growing up so fast. I think it's because Amos was 5 months old when he was doing this stuff...this whole full term baby thing really messes with me sometimes!
I feel like I'm able to engage with her, too, relationally, which also took awhile with Amos. I don't know if it's because she's a girl or what. But I already feel like she not only needs me but loves me. I feel like she loves her family too, and likes being around to watch the action.
Nonetheless, we love her lots and wouldn't trade her for anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment