Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sick days






On Tuesday afternoon, Amos threw up after his nap. Because he has been known to throw up for no particular reason, I didn't think anything of it. I stuck him in the bath and cleaned up the mess. Soon Amos was calling me, so I ran in and yanked him out of the bath in time for more throwing up, thankfully this time, into the potty!
It was then confirmed that our poor little guy had a stomach bug. The next few hours were spent helping him get the rest of it out (trying to spare you the gory details), which lately, was the saddest thing we've had to do with Amos in a while. After a bit, I left the boys and went down for dinner. I came up a bit later and Amos was up, talking and even playing. It had been awhile since the last episode, so we were thankful that he seemed to be a bit better.
But over the last two days, things have been up and down, ebbing and flowing. In efforts to avoid blood sugar crashes, Amos has eaten Cheerios and Saltines, Pedialyte and water, and thankfully we've only had to get through one crash. The hard part has been gauging his appetite and knowing when to stop. Either way, it's been a tough few days!
He did have a bit of dinner tonight and even though I think it made his tummy feel queasy, he got through it and kept it down, thankfully!
I am hoping he gets well soon so he can start eating again, and that he doesn't lose too much weight. Too, Nathan and I are hoping to avoid this illness--pray for us!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Feel you pain...over here too..Luci!
We thought it was over Tuesday night as she was fine Wed and today. But tonight she threw up again! Ergh.