Saturday, June 27, 2009

An exciting day

Today, after Amos and I made a trip to SuperTarget, we went downtown to the park and took part in PBS Kids in the Park festivities. THE highlight was getting to hug and have a picture with Clifford, one of Amos' all time favorites. He was so excited to take his turn with him and was sooo sad when it was over. It was very hot, especially for the people dressed as the characters, so we didn't get pictures with Curious George or Cookie Monster, but we got to wave goodbye to Cookie Monster as he "went to take a nap." We got to meet Rosita instead which was an ok substitute and Amos was happy in the end. He was also really tired and worn out by the hot weather. We all headed home to our cold house and had great naps.
After waking up, we went to a crawfish boil, where again, because of the heat, we only lasted for about an hour. Nathan enjoyed the crawfish immensely and I enjoyed my one bite! Soon, Amos was worn out by the heat again (he takes after his mom!) and we soon returned to our cool home!

I don't know how Amos and I will last this summer! We'll be drinking gallons of water, I guess!

No comments: