Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Amos' big boy bed! And other thoughts on being home.


Our vacation was a great time away. Our time in Seattle was especially refreshing, giving us time and space away from life and a chance to think about things and regain perspective. I know I can speak for myself when I say that I have returned to Indy feeling a new inspiration as Amos' mom, feeling motivated to continue on with friendships, find new places to hang out and play and further Amos' growth and development.
It wasn't easy being in Seattle and Nashville so closely together though. Those are two places that have more friends and family (and frankly, natural beauty) than Indianapolis does. Again, I know we're here by God's call, but I realized that I need to be patient in my adjustment and feeling at home here.
So since we've been home (all of 12+ hours), Amos has reunited with his toys, helped me set up his big boy bed, and accompanied me SuperTarget in the pouring rain. We also had an eating therapy appointment which went well. Amos is sleeping well in his new big boy bed today and I'm trying to pull together new eating ideas and a potty training strategy. I have to do these things for myself or sometimes they don't get done!
The photos above are from our switcheroo last night. And I thought to take pics of his shelves, which I decorated a few weeks ago with Muppet Memorabilia! Enjoy!

No comments: