Aaron pan seared scallops for us--so yummy! It was my first time to have scallops and it was awesome. Wolfy made a leg of lamb and delicious veggies for dinner. And Erin made the best coffee ice cream and chocolate mudslide pie that we've ever eaten! It was such a treat to be cooked for and pampered--and we loved hanging out with that crew!
On Saturday night, we went over to our neighbors' house for dinner. They go to church with us and we were delighted to enjoy an evening with them. We took our students and since Armesha, the wife, is from India, our student Himanshu, also from India, was especially happy to eat food from his homeland. We also enjoyed the tasty Indian food and also really enjoyed their company.
On Sunday night, Nathan and I enjoyed a dinner out at Macaroni Grill and Amos enjoyed a night with his other favorite family, the Berends! After returning home, we had a few of Nathan's friends over to hang out and had some great conversation about getting old! ;) Amos helped Nathan unwrap his presents: Cookie Crisp cereal and a theme present: scotch and There Will Be Blood. Nathan shared his scotch and it was given a hearty thumbs up (whew!).
Monday night we had Nathan's favorite for dinner: baked Macaroni and Cheese and then we had cake and sang to him! Amos had cake (without icing) and then ran circles, screaming like a banshee, around our house. Yes, he will never have cake again! (Just kidding!)
It was so wonderful to celebrate another year with Nathan. He is such an awesome husband and father; we are truly blessed because of him.
















3 comments:
Aww, I"m glad you had a great time! Happy belated birthday to Nathan:)I love those all weekend birthday celebrations!You guys are such a cute family! Was that a picture of YOUR wine collection? Impressive;)What is your favorite red? We are always looking for new things to try:) We have been into Columbia Valley wines as of late because my folks live out there and we get to frequent the wineries:)We really like Desert Wind but I doubt they distribute out your way:) Just curious:)
Can it be true?? You had to go to landlocked Indiana to enjoy your first sea scallops? Mon Dieu!! Seattle should have treated you better :) Hugs, smooches and donks to you from the Wilsons.
It made me laugh out loud to see that Nathan's gift was wrapped in a diaper wipes box! I am THRILLED that I am not the only one who wraps gifts in diaper or diaper wipe boxes. Whew!
This past Christmas to 'disguise' the bright yellow diaper box I wrapped a gift in, I cut it apart and put it back together inside out so my MIL wouldn't see! I'm SUCH a nerd :)
Post a Comment