Monday, September 8, 2008

A long and overdue update


I think, when we last left off, Amos had been sick and was having a tough time. The latter part of last week was better, with minimal vomiting and teething.
On Wednesday night, we took him with us to a fancy restaurant for Julie Berend's birthday. We sat at the end, by the wall and made a little spot for him to play. That seemed to work since our food took quite some time making it to us. But it was soooo delicious and it was wonderful to be part of the big group that celebrated Julie.
On Thursday, we had our interview to become members of our church. And while it seemed to be more obligatory and going-through-the-motions, it was a great meeting, with us talking a bit about our histories and future support as being on staff. I am so thankful for the community that God has placed us in and for this church and the care we've already recieved in a year!
Also on Thursday, during Amos' nap, I had Lucy and Leila over, two girls from church that have completed babysitter training. They "babysat" while Amos slept and I went to church to help clean up the art supply closet. I realized, as I put Amos to bed, that they were his first babysitters at our house and how monumental that was! Granted, he would be asleep the whole time, but I actually had to think about writing down our address for them and other things in case of an emergency. Things went quite well and I was glad to get out for a little bit!
On Friday night, we went to an art opening at the church and listened to some awesome live jazz! Amos loved it, he loved watching them play and the music was soooo good!
Saturday morning, Nathan had some musicians over to record, so Amos and I went shopping to get out of the house. He loves his Dada and loves to be in Dada's studio with Dada, so when he can't, he just doesn't understand why. So we had a great time at Costco and then at the mall and had lunch there. While we were eating, Amos spied one of those stroller cars you can rent from the mall and could barely finish lunch from the excitement of driving one of them. We finally finished lunch and rented a firetruck looking car stroller. And Amos had a blast while I got some exercise!
Sunday morning, Amos woke up early and was ready to go back to bed even before church! He found a spot on the floor to lie down on and cuddled with our fleece blanket from the Riberas. I should have known that this was a bad sign--he was pretty unruly during church and we left as soon as it was over!! He took a three hour nap, though, which was great--I got to sleep for three hours, too!
Today is Monday and we had a great day. We ran errands and our last stop was the pet store. I decided to get a beta fish for Amos. They are super low maintenance and virtually impossible to kill. We'll see how that goes! Amos loves looking at him and smacks his lips to make the fish sound! See the above post for pictures!
Tomorrow morning we're going to try a gym class. There are lots of families from church that go and I am hoping this can help us continue "physical therapy" with Amos!

No comments: