Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Celebrating Seven Years!

Yesterday was Nathan and I's seventh wedding anniversary and we celebrated all weekend!
Saturday night, we went over to the Berends' house for dinner and brought with us a Tiramisu cake from Trader Joe's. It's our favorite cake and this one tasted pretty good!



Gotta love the 6+1 candles for our seven years together! I think Amos is wondering what happened to the flame!

Sunday afternoon, we woke up from our long naps and I realized that I had not set up a date! So I quickly called Julie to see if Amos could play with them so we could run out for dinner. Thankfully she said yes and we were off again to the Berends' house, which Amos loved! We had an awesome dinner at our favorite place, Macaroni Grill. Thankfully, Amos had a great time and no tears!



Yesterday we drove north to the Indiana dunes on Lake Michigan. The last time I played at a beach at Lake MI, I as a senior in high school. So it was great to play there again. We took a trip with other families in our church, including the Dorseys. It was very special to celebrate our anniversary with Jason, who was at our wedding and spoke at the ceremony. How great it is, that he is still in our lives in a very important way and is now on his way to becoming another pal of Amos'!




Our drive home went well, but was long. We got home safely and finally all went to bed! Our student, Eli, went to the lake with us and had a wonderful day!

No comments: