Friday, July 18, 2008

Remembering the third Thursday of July




It's hit me, like a ton of bricks, that yesterday, was the day that Amos was born--the third Thursday of July, two years ago. And as I sit here and remember, I'm amazed that I can type and be coherent in spite of the incredible emotion that's overcome me. I keep telling myself that it happened and still, it doesn't feel real. I've also talked to three of my four friends that were at the hospital after he was born, and even though it's been a coincidence to talk to them today, it's also been a strange way of remembering Amos' birth and birthday. In fact, I have forgotten that his birthday is Sunday and am grateful to Elaine (my boss at Overlake, friend and Amos' birthday buddy) for asking what we're doing to celebrate. Since we celebrated his birthday already in TN, it feels like it's passed already.
I know it's been two years since it all happened, but part of me feels like I need to really take time to remember things and soak in the great blessings that we've been given since then (even though I had planned to be at the pool this afternoon, not sitting at my computer, sobbing!). I don't think we could have known what a joy he would be to us and at the same time, we knew we had to fight for him and take great care to get him where we are now. Of course, everything we have, his health, our well-being, everything, has been freely given to us and we are grateful to God for taking care of us.

No comments: