Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekend Update

The weekend weather was beautiful, so Amos and I took full advantage of the warm weather. On Friday we drove the car over to the church for Nathan to use, then walked back to our house, with a stop at the playground along the way. While in Nathan's office, Amos found a microphone, which he sang on, of course. He would set it down and play a bit of fly swatter guitar and then go back to the microphone. It's not like we do these things on purpose; he's a natural, I suppose!
While at the playground, we found puddles to splash in, swings to swing in (for a long time!), cherry blossom trees to admire and a place to have lunch. The playground is about a mile from our house so it's a good bit of exercise to get there, which I like!
(Exercise sidenote: I've gotten really excited to go walking again with the weather being so nice. Like a true Northwesterner, I plan to get out as much as possible, as long as it's warmish and it's not raining too hard! My goal is 10 miles a week; last week I got pretty close with 8.4 miles. So we'll see how that goes!)

Amos' knees are pink from the first scrapes of the season!

Saturday morning brought a cranky Amos (who was probably teething) and a cranky Mama (too much coffee) so we took another walk around a neighboring neighborhood (!) and found some great things at a yard sale. Among them was a popcorn ball popper that little kids pull behind them and it makes lots of fun popping sounds. Amos loved running around his track in the house with it. He also found another use for it: a guitar. His breathing treatment was quite funny as he sang into the mouth piece and strummed his new found instrument!

That night before bed, Nathan and Amos chased each other around the track with the popcorn popper and it was quite funny. Amos loved being surprised and chased by his Da-da and was adequately worn out for bed!

Sunday was a nice and cool day, but was still somewhat sunny so it was still nice out. Amos and I walked to church and then had a lovely walk home with Da-da and other friends afterward. The afternoon was peaceful as Amos napped and then I went to a toddler shower for our friends, the Neals, who are adopting a little boy, soon, from Ethiopia.
Nathan and Amos met me there to grab the car and after an errand, decided on pizza for dinner. Our favorite place had seating outside, so we bundled up and sat outside. It was a lovely dinner and Amos made friends with people who walked by on the sidewalk next to us!
We soon returned home for bed. Amos and Nathan went to sleep but I stayed awake until after 3 this morning, so awake from having Mr. Pibb with my dinner. I guess soda treats are out of the question after 6 PM!

No comments: