Monday, March 10, 2008

Da-da's day off

This post is delayed a few days, but is a cute one, nonetheless. Wednesday was Nathan's day off. We were up late the night before and oddly enough, Amos woke up a few times during the night. So I slept in and the boys went down to play. When I woke up later, the house was completely quiet. I went downstairs and found a sleeping Da-da and Amos on the couch. They were so cute! Later that day we went out shopping for shoes for Amos. We decided on Converse High Tops, which I had seen at Babies R Us, so we drove up there and used Amos' birthday money to buy a pair. We also got him a few DVD's--101 Dalmations and Bob the Builder. Next, we went to see the Pediatrician, Dr Rose. Amos weighed in at 18 lbs, 4 ozs, got a good report and three more vaccines. He was very upset the whole time, crying each time someone came in the room, as if he was anticipating something painful. His fears were validated when the nurse finally came in and we got him ready to be poked. Afterwards, we were very hungry and went to Ruby Tuesday's, which was behind the office! Amos was very clingy and sore, and didn't eat very much at first. He also sat in a booster seat next to me in the booth, a first for us! It was very fun to have him so close but not in my lap!
On the way home he napped and that evening, he practiced walking around in his new shoes!
And I did document this day, taking beautiful pictures of each event. But as I went to find them to post, I discovered that somehow they never made it to the computer from the camera and, I wiped the camera memory clean. Needless to say, I am very sad.
So in my memory, I can see a sweet sleeping boy and his dad, on the couch; Amos studying a magazine at the Dr's office, very seriously, with his head propped up on his arm; Amos and I standing at the door watching the cars go by while we wait for our appointment; Amos sitting next to me in the booth on his booster chair; Amos at home on a chair, smiling and showing off his new shoes; and, one excited toddler, barking at the hundred or so Dalmations running around on the TV. Yeah, I think that covers it.

No comments: