This week, amid the new toys (drum set, piano) and small cold (Amos has had a drippy nose and cough all week), he' continued to grow and make strides, that, as usual, leave us amazed and excited. He is using his words regularly now, as if he's an old pro at communicating. Even if he doesn't know the word, he points, uses his hands and says sounds, like he's trying to talk.
This week also brought the first song with hand motions, that Amos remembered and asked for again. I sang to him "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," with hand motions I made up, to get us through a breathing treatment. He loved it so much that he regularly asks for me to sing it by making his hands scrunch in the air, like a twinkling star. He's also really into "This Little Piggy" because he likes it when we play with each toe and will ask us to do that one by holding his foot. The sound he uses is an uuh? sound like he wants you to do it again, or for the first time, and often will do this if we've stumbled upon something fun and he wants us to do it more.
Yesterday, for breakfast, I had cereal in milk. I've shared my cereal before with him, but since he has his cold, I got him his own little bowl with cereal and milk, and fed it to him. Of course, he loved it! And it was just another sign of his getting older.
Amos has been even more confident on his feet. We are trying to walk around the house with him, holding only one hand and then also are trying to get him walk back and forth between us. When he does that, he's been taking 3 or 4 steps which is an improvement! Wouldn't it be great if he were walking for Nathan's birthday next week?
The biggest and most exciting sign was discovered this morning, while he was playing my guitar and singing, holding his head back to belt out the notes. I saw in his mouth, little white things that were not were his other little white things are...more teeth, and not just any old tooth, molars!!!!!
Earlier this week, he had some pretty intense diapers and I thought that it was his front/side tooth that was giving him trouble, but I think it was his right molar cutting through that caused the teething strife. It is so exciting for him to get molars, because it will help him broaden his food tastes and eating abilities!
All in all, it's been a good week. He has been a bit sick, but it's not been nearly as bad as previous colds. We've stayed home, too; at least, Amos has. It's been very very cold here, with daytime highs in the teens. So we are just trying to stay in, get well and stay well. Hopefully next week's warm front of upper 30's/mid 40's will help us get out a bit and visit with friends again!
No comments:
Post a Comment